Yarr, Change Yer Lingo Matey
September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. To help you celebrate, one of the fun language options on Facebook is Pirate (English). The labels on various pages will change into pirate lingo, such as “sea dogs” and “wenches” in place of of “friends.”
Here are the steps to Change Facebook Language (to Pirate):
- Click icon in top right corner
- Click on ‘Account Settings’
- On the Right of Language Click ‘Edit’
- Choose English (Pirate) from pull down menu
- Click ‘Save Settings’ button
- Yarr…ye be talking like a pirate Matey
- Have fun!!!
Note: You can use these steps to change your language to whatever you want!
It will look funny to you, but rest assured, no one else will see it. Facebook’s fun pirate talk only appears for those who have changed their language setting to Pirate English, others won’t see it unless they also change their settings.