Proud to Be Recognized By The Community
Sirf Marketing (and subsidiary Spotted In Penticton) are very proud to be nominated for the Second Annual Penticton and District Arts Award. The nomination is in the Graphics Arts category. This is the second year that Sirf Marketing has been nominated in this category.
MacCoubrey says, “I am very humbled to be recognized in the community for my efforts. I am sure there are a lot of excellent candidates for the awards. There is so much talent in the South Okanagan. Congratulations to all other nominees, and a very huge thanks to my nominator. I am very excited for the awards ceremony in late February.”
Additionally, Sirf Marketing owner, David MacCoubrey has been nominated in the Supporter of the Arts category. This is also his second nomination in this prestigious category.
More About the Penticton Arts Council – 2nd Annual Arts Awards
The 2nd Annual Awards Celebration recognizes winning nominees for their outstanding achievement. The arts awards serve to underline the importance of the arts in our community, and to recognize individuals and organizations for the significant contributions and for their exceptional support of arts and culture in the Penticton and District area.
The Awards Ceremony will be held on February 26, 2015 at the Shatford Centre. The reception begins at 6:00 pm, with the awards being presented at 7:00 pm.
• Arts Educator: a teacher in any context, public school, community
• Dance: performance, choreographers, companies
• Design: fashion, jewelry, furniture
• Graphic Arts: advertising, web design, commercial graphics
• Literary Arts: fiction, non-fiction, news, weblogs, poetry
• Media Arts: film, video, animation
• Music: singing, song writing, instrumentation, composing, performance
• Supporter of the Arts: through financial, volunteer or other significant contribution
• Theatre: producer, director, actor, company
• Visual Arts: all forms and types of visual arts
• Youth: 19 and under one award will be given in any of the above categories
• Aboriginal Youth:19 and under – Literary
• Lifetime Achievement Award – This award will be presented on the basis of overall contributions to the arts in the Penticton Arts Council community. This is not a nomination award